January 26, 2011

My gear | Grand Rapids Newborn Photographer

UPDATE: This site is no longer in use.  If you've landed here, please head on over to www.elephantshoephotos.com to check out my new site.  See you after the jump! Thanks! 


After much deliberation and discussion we (my husband and I) have decided to upgrade my gear.  I'm ecstatic!  I've been shooting with the Nikon D60 which we purchased a year and half ago (just before our wedding) with two kit lenses. More recently I added a Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8 to my collection and I LOVE it.


The only drawback is that my D60 doesn't have an automatic focus switch in the body so I have to manually focus when using my 50 mm lens.  I can do it, but it's tedious and slow and when you're with a precious baby you don't want to worry about whether or not your shot is going to be in focus.  I'd rather worry about the lighting and my settings and the bokeh, and, most importantly the sweet baby's expression and posture. :)  So, I'll be upgrading my camera body to this beautiful thing (which also shoots VIDEO!!):

...as soon as I can find an outstanding deal on one.  You know me...I hardly ever pay full price for anything!  Wish me happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment